Goal: To develop an overview of the context and current trends in Boma Sub-County, analyze key stakeholders, map out conflict and conflict related risks, and peace building opportunities, with a view to outlining entry points for future Across programming. Boma Early Recovery Programme (ERP)
Location: Boma County
- NFIs distribution to 1000 HH in Jebel Boma County
- Boma Peace and Education project (proposal submitted but not yet approved)
- Registration of 1,354 House holds for distribution of Non food items and vegetable seeds
- Procurement, transportation and distribution of NFIs and vegetable seeds to Jebel Boma County.
- Distribution of 986 NFI kits to at least 5,000 beneficiaries in four locations in Jebel Boma
- Continue the community capacity building of local government administrators and supporting students in schools in Uganda.
- Conducted education assessment and established baseline data for the basis for any Education intervention in Jebel Boma.
- Across Boma is now the lead Education cluster coordinator for all other NGOs working on Education in Boma
Challenges & Needs
- There is need for a Location Manager to help in project implementation
- There are more returnees. 1000 HH plan is therefore short of covering the whole population of the returnees.
- Lack of funding has made it hard to start implementing our education in emergencies project.
- Need for renovation of Boma education and compound facilities to enable staff establish to fully implement the projects. In 2013 Across compound suffered great losses following theft and destruction property. In 2015 lightning struck hitting the vsat, and other electronic equipment and one staff.
- Need to buy 1 car to ease mobility to field locations