Food Security component
1. Goal: contributing to an improved/transformed livelihood basis, enabling rural households to meet their basic needs and to benefit from opportunities in a post-war society.
1.1 Project objective: food security and livelihoods of participating households are improved through enhanced agricultural productivity and the establishment of small-scale enterprises as well as strengthened structures of conflict management and peace promotion.
1.2 Project Location: Rumbek East County.
1.3 Food security Achievements from Jan- June, 2016.
- 160 ox-ploughs have been distributed to 160 Households.
- 156.8 Hectares cultivated using the distributed ox-ploughs by the target groups including indirect beneficiaries.
- 330 of sweet potato ridges has been establish in four demonstrations sites as promotion of root and drought resistant crops in Rumbek East county.
- Two trainings of 30 participants each has been accomplished in Mathing- Kok and Paloc payam.
- 300 pcs of assorted hand tools have been distributed.
- AATC Alumni conference conducted where AATC Alumni Association (AAA) was formed.
- Training on fruit trees propagation conducted to 20 participants at Atiriu Boljuom.
|Fishing strengthens food security||Women participation in farming|
1.4 INCOME THROUGH TRAINING OF (CMMF) COMMUNITY MANAGED MICRO-FINANCE GROUPS & SUPPORT TO COMMUNITY-DEVELOPED INITIATIVES.
CMMF ACHIEVEMENTS 2016.
- 61 members of CMMF were trained in Mathiangkok and Ayenmayar respectively
- 60 people envisioned in Atot and Ayenmayar villages
- 153267 SSP (8285$) was saved by CMMF groups in Paloc, Akot, Panhom, Acukgam and Atiaba payams.
|Money in the Box||Members counting money|
1.5 Peace building in Rumbek East.
- Twenty-five  community peace led dialogues were supported in all payams of Rumbek East County.
- Peace achieved in all eight  payams of Rumbek East County.
- 118 t-shirts distributed as promotional material to Gelwuong youth.
- 36 members of earlier warning committee was mobilized and formed in Akot, Paloch, Atiaba and Aduel Payams
|Paramount Chief appreciating youth after reconciliation||Community celebrating peace through dancing|