Aliquam erat volutpat. Proin euismod laoreet feugiat. In pharetra nulla ut ipsum sodales non tempus quam condimentum. Duis consequat sollicitudin sapien, sit amet ultricies est elementum ac. Aliquam erat volutpat. Phasellus in mollis augue.
1. Goal:contributing to an improved/transformed livelihood basis, enabling rural households to meet their basic needs and to benefit from opportunities in a post-war society.
1.1 Project objective: food security and livelihoods of participating households are improved through enhanced agricultural productivity and the establishment of small-scale enterprises as well as strengthened structures of conflict management and peace promotion.
1.2 Project Location: Rumbek East County.
1.3 Food security Achievements from Jan- June, 2016.
- 160 ox-ploughs have been distributed to 160 Households.
- 156.8 Hectares cultivated using the distributed ox-ploughs by the target groups including indirect beneficiaries.
- 330 of sweet potato ridges has been establish in four demonstrations sites as promotion of root and drought resistant crops in Rumbek East county.
- Two trainings of 30 participants each has been accomplished in Mathing- Kok and Paloc payam.
- 300 pcs of assorted hand tools have been distributed.
- AATC Alumni conference conducted where AATC Alumni Association (AAA) was formed.
- Training on fruit trees propagation conducted to 20 participants at Atiriu Boljuom.
Fishing strengthens food security
Women participation in farming
1.4 INCOME THROUGH TRAINING OF (CMMF) COMMUNITY MANAGED MICRO-FINANCE GROUPS & SUPPORT TO COMMUNITY-DEVELOPED INITIATIVES.
CMMF ACHIEVEMENTS 2016.
- 61 members of CMMF were trained in Mathiangkok and Ayenmayar respectively
- 60 people envisioned in Atot and Ayenmayar villages
- 153267 SSP (8285$) was saved by CMMF groups in Paloc, Akot, Panhom, Acukgam and Atiaba payams.
Money in the Box
Members counting money
1.5 Peace building in Rumbek East.
-Twenty-five  community peace led dialogues were supported in all payams of Rumbek East County.
-Peace achieved in all eight  payams of Rumbek East County.
-118 t-shirts distributed as promotional material to Gelwuong youth.
-36 members of earlier warning committee was mobilized and formed in Akot, Paloch, Atiaba and Aduel Payams
Paramount Chief appreciating youth after reconciliation
In 2015 Across commits to the concept of OPEN DATA. As part of this commitment, Across is publishing project data in an IATI-compliant way. Across will begin publishing IATI compliant project data as from February 2015, starting with a UKAID funded Girls’ Education Challenge project in South Sudan that is a joint partnership with Red een Kind (Help a Child). Across will initially publish data that needs to be published.
The Lead organization in South Sudan is Red Een Kind (ReK) and the key partner organization is Across. The education focus is on lower and upper primary. Target location is Rumbek East County in 25 schools. The impact on learning targets 12,336 marginalized girls.
Across complies with Red een Kind’s belief in sharing information and knowledge in order to make cooperation easier. Across therefore commits to publish financial data.
Goal: To develop an overview of the context and current trends in Boma Sub-County, analyze key stakeholders, map out conflict and conflict related risks, and peace building opportunities, with a view to outlining entry points for future Across programming. Boma Early Recovery Programme (ERP)
Location: Boma County
NFIs distribution to 1000 HH in Jebel Boma County
Boma Peace and Education project (proposal submitted but not yet approved)
Registration of 1,354 House holds for distribution of Non food items and vegetable seeds
Procurement, transportation and distribution of NFIs and vegetable seeds to Jebel Boma County.
Distribution of 986 NFI kits to at least 5,000 beneficiaries in four locations in Jebel Boma
Continue the community capacity building of local government administrators and supporting students in schools in Uganda.
Conducted education assessment and established baseline data for the basis for any Education intervention in Jebel Boma.
Across Boma is now the lead Education cluster coordinator for all other NGOs working on Education in Boma
Challenges & Needs
There is need for a Location Manager to help in project implementation
There are more returnees. 1000 HH plan is therefore short of covering the whole population of the returnees.
Lack of funding has made it hard to start implementing our education in emergencies project.
Need for renovation of Boma education and compound facilities to enable staff establish to fully implement the projects. In 2013 Across compound suffered great losses following theft and destruction property. In 2015 lightning struck hitting the vsat, and other electronic equipment and one staff.
Need to buy 1 car to ease mobility to field locations